Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The First Day of Preschool!!!

August 30th was the first day of Argyle Christian Preschool for Evan and Avery!  Evan is one of 5 boys in Mrs. Ingrid's class and Avery has a full class in Mrs. Julie's.  They were both a little nervous on day one, but were as brave as they could be.  Evan is a pro and went right in and started playing with the toys.  Avery, having never been away from me before, was quite a bit more nervous to find that I wasn't going to be staying with her, she cried most of the day, but is getting better every day.  She is having so much fun now and talks about all of her friends and loves to show me her art work. 
 We started off the day with a great breakfast of Honey Nut Chex or "squares" as they are known in our house.  Avery took this time to do her famous pirate routine!  If you can't tell, she is saying "ARGH Matey, get the treasure!"  She also has one where she talks about booty.  I'll try to get that on video soon too! 
 Even in the car ride Evan was excited!  I hate to brag (but isn't that what this blog is all about anyway?) but I was told by the principle today that Evan is the smartest child she has ever had in the 3 year old class and for the first time, Mrs. Ingrid is starting to bring in math and new reading books just for Evan.  It will be amazing what he will know by kindergarten!!!
 This is in Evan's class.  He wanted to run off to go play and Avery was just realizing that today was the day mommy had been talking about when I would say "Mommy will come back and we will do the stairs one time."  Up until then it had just been talk. 
Avery was being so brave until she heard all the other kids in class crying (they are two....give them a break!).  She then realized that she needed to cry too, and did that for the first couple of weeks.  I do have to say that the last week she has been so awesome and hasn't cried a tear!
This isn't from the first day of school, but it was the first day Avery went out and about with french braids and I was pretty proud of them. She is so stinking cute, I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face and her braids at the same time.

0 comments: