Sunday, October 16, 2011

Unnamed...

Ok, so the name I really wanted to name this post was "Babies and Balls", because this is about the babies (of course) and the Khaki and Navy Balls that Aaron and I attended since the last post...but for some reason it seemed inappropriate...Ha ha.

I know I am missing a blog post about Aaron's induction and his awesome trip to Boston and the USS Constitution, but he promised me he would write that part himself and since he is a bigger procrastinator than I am we should be seeing that post sometime in early 2012.  ;)

 This month has been pretty fun for the kids.  They are both really loving school and getting excited for Halloween or "Harvest" as we have to call it for school.  Avery loves to dress up so Halloween is right up her ally.  She has been asking to be a doctor/nurse (it changes from doctor to nurse daily).  I bought her a new doctor set that she started playing with last night and all morning she was chasing Evan around with the thermometer asking him to let her "listen to your armpit."  She is getting smarter every day and her vocabulary is amazing for a 2 year old! 

She still sleeps with a million toys in her bed and anytime anything touches her eyes she cries "poka eye!" and makes me kiss it better it is hilarious.  We have also been working really hard with potty training!  It is hard work, but we have to keep reminding ourselves that she is 1 year younger than Evan was so we shouldn't worry too much.  She is still very artistic and we recently learned that she also loves to cook.  Together we made oatmeal cookies and she was so proud of herself!  The problem we run into now is that she wants to cook all the time and it isn't always possible.  I love that she is so independent...most of the time.  More often than not we are hearing "I DO IT!" or "DADDY STOP!  GO AWAY!" 
Little Evan Is getting so big!  Since it is getting a little chilly here I started putting him in pants.  All of his 4T pants fit perfectly around the waist, but are about 3 inches too short in the legs.  Unfortunately the next size up is a little long in the legs so he is in an in between stage.  He is really loving school and since he has mastered all of the 3 year old academics for the year, they have started working with him on kindergarten skills.  It took about 2 days for him to have all the months and the days of the week memorized and he has also memorized our address, neighborhood and city.  We are still working on the phone number, but by the end of this year, he should be graduating kindergarten academically...but he has two years before he even starts it.  He was given a project for his class to make a poster about his family.  I thought it was pretty funny so I had to include a picture.  :)


He is still really loving his Leapster and even beat the game Jewel Train the first day we bought it!  Right now he loves the game Sugar Bugs, which is a disgusting dentist game.  We plan to download a new games soon and hope he forgets about that one!  :)  He also really loves playing the Wii.  He loves Wii Fit and Wii Sports the best and Aaron and I get a kick out of watching him act out a victory dance or hang his head in defeat.  He is so animated.  It is also great to watching him learn about different sports and use his Spanish, which he loves to do while watching bowling. 
I know this is mostly a blog about the kids because of course they area always more interesting than Aaron and me, but, we finally have some pictures of the two of us and darn it...they are going to be posted!  This first picture is of Aaron and I at the Khaki Ball.  It was the first big event since Aaron became a Chief and it was pretty fun.  
Last night we went to our first Navy Ball.  We had a great time, and did a lot of dancing with our friends the Pokelwaldt's.  The highlight of the night (other than seeing Aaron in his dress blues) was that we won the drawing for 1 of only 4 prizes!  We won an Ipad 2 and we couldn't be more excited!!!  We have been pretty lucky lately and for that we are very grateful. 

0 comments: