There comes a time in every boys life where he has to learn to use a spoon. I have been reluctant to teach this particular skill because of my lack of desire to mop the floor and because I like for my baby not to have food in his hair. But, alas, Evan is a big boy and I need to get over my control freakiness and let him make a mess once in awhile. So tonight when Aaron was giving him dinner, he decided that Evan would eat his yogurt all by himself. He was a little confused at first, but Aaron was super patient and provided lots of encouragement. Lately, all Evan needs to do some things is for us to say it would make us happy and we will cheer for him. Here is a video of him cheering with us (note the accidental toss of the spoon at the end).
Another funny thing about Evan is that he has recently decided that he is super spiritual. It all began with his book "A Story About Jesus" that he has had for quite some time. Lately, it is his favorite bedtime book and sometimes he just wants us to read it over and over. One night when we went to check on him we found the Jesus book in bed with him. So sweet. The funniest thing about this is that he does some strange mediation Tai Chi type moves all the time. We aren't sure where these moves came from, but we find them hilarious and encourage him along. It all started when he would take his arms and pull them into his sides and say "Hi" but in a karate kind of way. Then, he started doing move that is similar to Ross (from Friends) when he wants people to be quiet. He even says "shhhh" when he does this one, and it usually follows the karate "Hi". In the last few days he has started a new one, it changes every now and again, but this video will give you the idea.
3 comments:
He is getting so big. He did a great job using the spoon. Give him big kisses and hugs from his aunt Brandi!! PS I totally love your back ground :)
He's so cute!! I love his hair! I know you keep saying he needs it cut but I think it looks cute!
He is such a big boy go Ev!<3 :)
Post a Comment