Tuesday, August 31, 2010

14 Months and First Day of School!!!

Yesterday was a big day for Avery. She has reached the big 1-4! She is officially 14 months old, though she thinks she is 14 years! She wears her sunglasses everywhere, carries a purse and spent a good portion of the evening sweeping up the kitchen (much to my delight). She is speaking so well and will repeat anything we say. She is the best little helper and will follow pretty much any direction we give her. She loves to throw diapers in the trash for me and has finally figured out the difference between her hamper and the trash. She loves to dress up in hats, necklaces, capes and aprons. She has even recently started wearing a tutu. I try so hard to get a good picture when she is dressed up, but of course, she is always moving about so I just get a bunch of fuzzy pictures. As you can see from the top picture, she loves to play on the coffee table. She will dance to any music. I love it!


And, of course last but not least...little Ev has started pre-school! It was so scary to drop him off today since he hasn't had the opportunity to be away from me very often. There are 11 kids in class and only 4 boys. His teachers are Mrs. Cassie and Mrs. Jan, we love them. I am so excited for the fun stuff that is coming and hopefully we will have much more to blog about soon.


Ev was so excited when we got out of the car and he saw his friend Mollie who is in the 3 year class. He jumped right into class and started playing right away. When I picked him up he seemed so happy and the teacher told me that he was such a sweet heart (we already knew that) and that he was a great listener and sat in his chair whenever they told him to. :)

He is getting smarter every day and is reading so many words. He will bring me the magna doodle and tell me to "write letters". So far he can all basic colors, numbers one through ten, and even some words that I wouldn't have expected like refridgerator, telephone and flower. I think the Baby Einstein and the Your Baby Can Read videos have really worked. He also reads to us every night since he has memorized so many of our books.

I would also like to mention that Avery is starting to recognize words from the Your Baby Can Read videos too. She calls them "Kick" since that is what Ev used to call them because that is the first word on the video.

0 comments: