Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September

My goodness. I can't believe it has nearly been a month since I posted. Shame on me!!! So much has been going on, but I think I need to start with a funny video of my angels playing in the tub. Please note how Avery is learning her letters too. :)





Evan is really taking an interest in Avery lately and not only when she steals his toys. I love it! They usually have a ton of fun in the bath, but since we put Avery in a big girl booster seat at the table they are really starting to interact at the dinner table too. They play hide and seek, and when Avery was eating her yogurt all by herself today Ev thought it was hilarious. She of course loves the attention from him!

Avery is still the funniest little almost 15 month old ever. She is talking up a storm and will say any words that we tell her to say. She loves to dance to any type of music and has finally gotten her 8th tooth. :) We went to the park tonight and her favorite thing to do is climb the big slides. It isn't surprising at all since when we are home, all she does is climb...the couch, the table, the chair, the slide. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't also decide that jumping is as much fun as climbing.
She is proving to be a bit of a picky eater, but will eat pretty much anything as long as she has something to "dip" it in. So far her favorite dips are BBQ sauce and ketchup. What is funny though is that she will dip anything on her plate in it...including fruit. It is pretty gross to watch, but she loves it! She takes after her Mommy in the dipping department. She is still a big fan of dressing up, though she doesn't carry her purse as much anymore.

Evan is doing great! We have been working on tasting and touching food in therapy and we even got him to "kiss" some Baby Bell cheese at dinner. That is a big deal for him! He is doing wonderful in school and Ms. Cassie always remarks about how sweet he is. Today his favorite thing was when they blew bubbles, which doesn't surprise me because he has always been a big bubble fan. He has made big progress in school too as he has started painting! When his teacher sent home a painting that he did, I was so surprised that I had to ask her if it was him who did it.


He likes to shock us with all the words that he can read. He will find little words here and there and just tell us what they say. He can read (or recite in this case) the entire book of the Napping House among others. The other day he started looking really closely at my computer and said "home" and pointed to the Home button. Even better, he loves to read his Little Einstein First Picture Dictionary and turns from page to page. One night he turned to the space page and began pointing out and naming all of the planets! I asked Aaron if he worked with him on that because I was so surprised and he said he hadn't. I think he might have memorized them from the Baby Einstein video, but we can't be sure. He is so stinking smart!!!


Tonight at dinner he decided to sing to us. Here is the video that we got about the 4th time around.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

GREATNESS in the making.