Monday, April 4, 2011

We March, We March in the Month of April...

The marching song is one of our new favorite songs to sing now days! It is perfect to get the kids moving when we have to get out the door early......which lately is often. :)


We have been keeping really busy lately. Ev is doing lots of therapy and is making a ton of progress. His fine motor skills are improving and his language improves every day too. Since we started him on his new GF/CF diet, we are seeing some amazing things from him. As always he is a little jokster. He still loves to read more than anything and now instead of taking a nap he likes to spend quiet time in his room reading his books...loudly. I love to sit back and listen. Today he has also decided he loves stuffed animals and walked around all day with Baby Simba and his Harrod's dog which he named Rover. I'm pretty proud that he named him Rover since he names all of his toys Shakespeare or Van Gogh. :)
We are really excited for mid month to come because Ev is going to be playing his first sport...ICE HOCKEY! We can't wait. I hope he goes for it!

As for beautiful little Avery...what can I say about her. I wish there were words that would describe the amount of personality that comes out of this baby girl! If you look closely at this picture, you will notice that she drew all over her tummy with a Sharpie marker! Lucky for me when she found it it was right before bath and she didn't have a shirt on. It was also lucky for me that her first instinct was to draw on her tummy and not my couch! Thanks Avery!!!

No matter what we do with this girl we have to add about 5 minutes to get it done because she is in a "BABY DO IT!" phase! This is her way of saying "I can do it myself", but she prefers to call herself baby. Tonight she had to zip up her own pajamas. She also puts her own shoes on and is able to put her own pants on too (but has a hard time getting them over her diaper in the back). She (and Evan too) are really loving Barney and she walks around saying "I Ya You" for I love you. We used to think she was hitting us in between until I realized that she was trying to give a high five! This girl keeps us on our toes!!! Last week we got really lucky and had Nana and Papa come to visit. It was a very busy weekend and went way too fast. Avery still wakes up every morning and says "Nana wake up, donuts!" When I ask her what her favorite part of their visit is though she always says "swing Papa." Thank you Nana and Papa for spending fun time with us and spoiling us all rotten. :) I'm not really sure what it is about this picture that I love so much, but it just makes me smile. And, according to Aaron it is "nice to see that they shop at the same store."

0 comments: