Sunday, July 17, 2011

Avery's Birthday!!!

Can you believe my baby girl is 2? Ok, I know she has been 2 for nearly a month now and I am just now doing the blog, but my computer has been broken so I have had to wait. But, we are up and running and will hopefully have blogs much more often. Now, back to the birthday!
We were so lucky to have Nana and Papa with us on Avery's big day. She started the day out by having her favorite breakfast...donuts. She finished two of them and asked for more! Later that day the whole family went to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and fun and Dora cupcakes. We all had a great time, but the most fun was had when the kids started climbing up to the tubes and down the slide. She was so happy to open her presents too. Her favorites being her "Leester" or Leapster and her tent and tunnel.
While Nana and Papa were here we also had a chance to go to the Alligator Farm. Evan was able to touch an alligator and a snake. The kids favorite part was feeding the alligators. Avery still talks about how the alligators "chomped". I personally liked the albino alligators the best. :)
Avery has been taking being 2 in stride. She is equal parts terrible twos and terrific twos. She is the sweetest little girl around and always gives the sweetest compliments. No matter what I am doing she stops to tell me "great job mama!". It is so much fun to have conversations with her. She comes up with the funniest things. The other day when Evan was sitting on the big potty and she was on the little potty she said "Evan has a penis and Baby has a gina." She was so proud of herself.
Little Ev has been doing really great. Summer has been tough because he is happiest when he is busy. He has used this time to become proficient (if not addicted) to his Leapster game Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg. He is really good and he has all of the dialogue memorized and will tell us all about it.
We have some interesting stuff coming up for Evan in the next few weeks. We are meeting with a specialist to try to find out what is going on in his tummy. I'm crossing my fingers that we can successfully add dairy and gluten back into his diet! Cross your fingers for us!
I am going to be adding the software for the Flip camera to my computer soon so I will be able to do a fun blog with movies soon!

0 comments: