Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pretty Princess Ballerina!

Avery had her very first ballet recital on December 10th!  The days prior to the recital she came down with a horrible flu.   She was grumpy and feverish and ended up with a terrible rash everywhere, especially on her face.  The morning of the recital she no longer had a temperature, but wasn't feeling the best.  Aaron and I were having such a hard time deciding if we were going to take her or not, but decided that since she was so excited for it before she got sick, that she would be sad if she missed it.

So...I fought with my poor sick baby to get her ready (reminded me of all the times my mom complained how horrible my sisters and I were on any performance days).  But, alas, I got her hair done and attempted to do her makeup.  She always wants me to do hers when I do mine, and I always turn my brushes backwards and I never really put any on, but when I needed to put some on she wasn't having it!  I guess our future with Toddlers and Tiaras is bleak.  :)  I was able to get a little on but she cried it all off before the show began.  :( 

I dropped her off with the other crying toddlers (it was a stressful time for everyone).  There were little girls crying everywhere!  I was so nervous when I walked into the chapel to wait for her to come out...but here is what happened.  She is the one Mrs. Jackie is carrying and on the far left...

I couldn't have been more proud!!!! She did so great! I thought for sure when I saw Mrs. Jackie was holding her that she wouldn't stay on stage at all. Also, I thought once everyone started clapping that she would get scared (she is scared of everything lately!). 

She loves dance so much!  Barely a day goes by when she doesn't ask to wear her ballet slippers and dance around the living room.  She is always saying, "Mommy watch me dance" and "mommy clap for me!"  She practices so much that Evan can do all the moves too, just with a little less grace.  :)

I'm so proud of my baby girl and hope that she will always love to dance this much!!!

0 comments: