Well...I give up! I have been avoiding blogging lately because I have gotten so far behind that I feel overwhelmed to even think about trying, in the meantime, I am missing out on blogging some awesome stuff! So, instead, I am going to do a brief synopsis of the things I missed and start anew. :)
To make it easier for me (and to allow for me to come back and add a blog later if I get the chance), I have numbered the events.
1. Christmas-we had a great Christmas with Nana, Papa and Aunt Sara. On Christmas Eve we had the Bruce's over and had a Mexican Fiesta. Avery's favorite part was decorating cookies with her friend Ryleigh and Evan just loved running around with his Leapster trying to avoid the noisy girls.

2. Avery's first haircut-Avery had beautiful golden locks, but the ends were still very much baby hair and she needed a trip. On New Years Eve I took her to my stylist for her first haircut. I think all the time we have spent playing salon in the mornings has really paid off because she was so wonderful. She was a little wiggly though, so the "trim" we were going for ended up being a very short chin length bob. But, her hair seems so much thicker and will hopefully grow out nice and even so I can start doing super cute "hair dudes" again. Right now we can do the middle pony and pig tails and that is about it. I was so proud of her.


3. Aaron Baptism-This one is a doozy! Aaron surprised everyone a few months back when he decided he wanted the missionaries to come and teach him about my church. After much contemplation he decided he wanted to be baptized. It was a really wonderful day! Aaron chose Silent Night as one of the Hymns we sang and Evan might as well have been doing a solo as loud and proud as he sang. It brought tears to my eyes! Amy Kimble gave a wonderful talk and then Aaron went into the "funny pool". It was made even more special that Aaron's good friend Jay baptized him. It was Jay's first baptism, so it will always be really special for him too. Aaron and I are planning to go to the Orlando temple next February.

5. Valentines Day-We had a great day at school today and the kids (namely Avery) were so excited to give and receive Valentines. They were even really cuddly with one another and at one point Avery wrapped her arms around Evan and said "Evy Bear you are my best friend!" My heart melted. These kids are so amazing!
4. Amy Mathesons Visit-My best friend in the whole wide world came to visit and while we didn't take any pictures, because we stayed in our PJ's most of the time, the kids and I loved every minute of it! The #1 favorite thing the kids loved to do with Amy is to watch Boundin' and jump all over her and her bed. They still talk about when "Awesome Amy" came to visit. It was a wonderful week and I can't wait for it to happen again!
5. Kids update-Avery is the best little helper. She wants to make meals and do everything for Evan. She is a natural little mommy (I know I have said that before). Every morning she helps set the table and loves to help me cook. Tonight she helped me make rice but the other night she made a "Funny Face Sandwich". She helped me choose everything and put it all on herself. She is such a big girl!!!
Evan is as goofy as ever.
He still really loves playing with the DVD player and watching his favorite movies. In addition to Disney, he also really loves Dora, Max and Ruby and Super Why. He has some rubber little toys that he got for his birthday and he has funny names for each of them. The dinosaur is named Francias, the lizard is named Espanol, the other dinosaur is Penny, the rat is Ratty (short for Ratatouille), and last but not least is a crocodile named Captain Hook. He loves these animals so much and puts their hands together when we pray and has them hold hands when they play. It is so cute that I can even ignore that I have a rubber rat that comes to the dinner table.
0 comments:
Post a Comment