Sunday, May 4, 2008

...But Seriously...


I know the majority of this blog is about silly Evan stories and our lives here in Virginia. But, alas, the Criminologist in me has to come out sometime and now is the time. As my family is preparing for our upcoming move to Jacksonville, I began doing sex offender checks on each zip code and was stunned to find outrageously large numbers in most areas. I even found a house for sale directly next door to an offender. Scary stuff. So it has dawned on me, that for the safely of my friends and family that I share one of the most important websites out there today:



This website allows you to put in zip codes to see how many offenders are in your area and also shows their pictures and gives their addresses. You can also put in specific names to check up on your friends creepy boyfriend…I have done this, and had a hit! No joke.
I am not sending this to scare anyone because there is a chance that some of these scum bags may live in close proximity to all of you. If they do, feel free to share their names and information with your neighbors. Stay safe!

0 comments: