Monday, April 6, 2009

I Can Do It...I Can Do It...I Can...

Well, the new big boy bed is turning out to be a bit of a challenge. Night number one was amazing. He went right to bed and didn't get out until the next morning at his usual wake up time when he came toddling into my room with a big smile. I think I might have checked on him 100 times (and didn't sleep a wink) because I was so worried. Here is a picture we took early in the night.

Please note that his head is on the bolster, which he has pushed off the bed. Thank goodness we tied it on tight!!!

But alas, I must have jixed us by saying how easy it was because yesterday he took a short nap on the floor, and woke when I moved him to the bed. Then come bedtime, he decided it was hilarious to come running down the hallway a million and 9 times. Finally I had to sit in the room with him to keep him in his bed and eventually he fell asleep. Tonight, I stayed in for 30 minutes he was still awake, and is probably on the floor asleep as I write this. I probably should have stayed in longer, but sitting on the floor is not conducive to my health at the moment. I'm not quite ready to give up yet...but I am close.

On a funny note, Ev has become a numbero uno bubble blower. Unfortunately the bubbles he blows are saliva and he drools down the front of himself. Aaron and I watched in awe for about an hour before we pulled out the camera. There were a few HUGE bubbles before this video. Some I even thought were going to float away like the bubbles we blow outside, but since we didn't let him know we were filming, we got a few good ones for you all to see.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Funny!! and impressive.

Ryen said...

Gross and Funny but still cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

evan is to cute..and i love that he falls asleep on the floor...that is adorable...dawn