Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Evan Scissorhands

Poor Evan! As each day progresses his side burns just keep getting longer! I don't think I have ever seen a more horrible haircut! I decided to Edward Scissorhands his hair in the bath the other night, and I hate to say it, but it was a huge improvement! Here is what his hair looks like normally....nice huh? He keeps playing with his ear and I start to freak out that he might have an ear infection again, but I think when his hair curls into his ear it tickles him. We are taking him in tomorrow to clean it up. I don't care how much I have to hold him down, but I am getting rid of the BURNS!


Evan has gotten so funny in the last few weeks! He has started to be really sensitive to other people's feelings. When he watches his favorite Little Einstein episode (Music Robot) he always cries when the Robot goes back to his own planet. He gets really upset and I have to remind him that the Robot is going to be with his family and it makes him happy. He also cries on another episode when the catapillar turns into a butterfly. It is sad and funny at the same time.


Last week we were able to meet up with our friends and head out to the beach. Evan was in heaven! He loved going out into the waves with daddy and went WAY further than made me comfy! He had a great time playing with his friends, but decided he was done after about 45 minutes. I was so happy that it was overcast because little Avery was able to keep out of the sun and sleep through most of the day. :)


Avery is doing wonderful! She is growing so fast and is ready to laugh any minute! She smiles all the time and loves to have me sing to her. She still isn't as big as Evan was at birth, and is just starting to grow out of her New Born clothes!!! We took her to have her pictures taken the other day and she did so great. She was cooing and the photographer just thought she was the most amazing baby! I happen to agree. Here is one of the pictures that we chose. We bought 3 more poses (they were that good!) but we waited until they had a re-order sale so I haven't been able to pick those up yet. Isn't she beautiful?

Isn't she beautiful?

And, last but not least...I must report that I have finally purchased the Cricut I have been coveting for years now! Luckily it went on sale for a price that I could talk Aaron into and even though he said I am "never allowed to buy myself anything again" it is worth it. I can't wait to start scrapbooking and making new cards. I have been practicing using it by making some pre-school learning tools for Evan. We are in week one of having a letter, color, number, shape and song of the week. I think he likes it, though teaching a baby to count to "one" isn't very easy, so we always count to three. :) After 26 weeks, we will have an alphabet train going across the wall on the play room. I have also made these flashcards. Here is the first side:

And here is the back.

I had so much fun making them! Too bad I have all my crafty stuff all over the dining room and need to clean it up before I go crazy. :)






0 comments: