Saturday, September 12, 2009

Where To Begin?

It seems like I haven't posted forever! For once it isn't because I don't have anything exciting to talk about. But, at this time, I don't really know where to begin. I'll start with Iowa...here is a cute picture of Avery on her first flight.


Me and the family took a trip to Ft. Dodge, Iowa. And while I didn't get to see the Fort, I did get to see most of the little town and the kids and I were finally able to meet a bunch of the Coleman and Blunt family. The little ones traveled WAY better than I could ever have expected them too and maybe even better than Aaron and I. But then again they didn't have a million suitcases to carry!
We attended the Coleman family reunion where Evan had a blast running around in the splashpad, but was crabby for everything else since he only napped in the car. We did get to see a bunch of animals including an Arctic Fox which I thought was super cute! Evan didn't even seem to notice them though. :( Luckily we were able to see some of the family later and prove that Evan really isn't a monster. Avery just went along for the ride and slept through everything...my kind of girl! We also had a great time playing at the Cross' house where Evan proved that he has more energy than is humanly possible! Unfortunately I was lame lame lame and didn't think to take out my camera and take some pictures, neither did Aaron. Boo to us!

We also spent a bunch of time at (Great) Grandma and (Great) Grandpa Blunt's house. Evan had a great time on the stairs but mostly wanted to play outside. I didn't blame him, the weather was wonderful and Grandma has a very beautiful yard which she uses to feed tons of neighborhood animals. 3 times a day she puts bread, apples, corn and seed out for the millions of birds, raccoon the size of cats (no joke) and the deer family complete with mama and babies. It was like being at the zoo. I couldn't help but sit in Grandma's rocking chair in awe that the animals would come every night. It was a little sad that Evan was a bit loud and scared many of them off. We left soon after dark so we wouldn't ruin the nice dinner all the animals were used to. It reminded me of Snow White. :)

Aunt Jackie and Uncle Doug were so nice to let us stay at their house and didn't even mind when we left a tornado of a mess there (it was inevitable!). As expected, Evan loved playing in their yard too! I think he enjoyed normal grass, not the St. Augustine crapola we have here in Florida. He also really loved when the neighbors had some sort of emergency and the Firetrucks were outside for awhile. He never left the window! Thanks again Bakers!


I wish more than you know that we had taken more pictures. I'm hoping all the other family members who were smart enough to take our their cameras might send a few over via email so I can scrapbook our trip (more than pictures of us on the airplane!)...hint hint!

0 comments: