Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and Stuff

My apologies for not blogging in the last few weeks. Things have been a little crazy, but I am hoping that they will settle and we will get back on our schedule soon (darn that time change!).


We had a wonderful weekend this week. The kids weren't quite as into Halloween as we had hoped, but we were able to have some fun anyway. We went to a football/Halloween party with our neighbors and Evan ran around like a mad man. He really loved the bounce house!


We knew Evan would be a bit difficult in the costume area, so we decided to do a homemade costume. Since he runs everywhere he goes, we decided he would be a marathon runner. The costume would have been fabulous...if he had worn it. Here is the only picture I was able to get:
As you can see, he was using the awesome medal that I made as a noose, so we had to take it off right away. He also pulled his number off which caused the "safety" pins to open up so that had to go right away too. Trying to get him into his costume put him in a crabby mood, so he wasn't up for trick or treating. So we left the party and headed home where he then had an awesome time helping us pass out candy to the trick or treaters. :)

As for sweet Avery...she spent the majority of the Halloween party asleep in daddy's arms as happy as a clam! She did wake up for a few minutes for this picture though.

She is such a little sweetheart and wants to be cuddled at all times. She has mastered rolling from her back to her tummy, but then gets stuck on her tummy and her little temper comes right out. :)

Since she has passed her 4 month birthday, we have started her on rice cereal. I think she still spits more of it than she swallows, but she sure tries. Sometimes I think she looks at me and wonders why I am giving her mush when everyone else gets real food. She is really starting to get curious about Evan and often reaches out for him. Thankfully though , he still ignores her. I fear for the day when he discovers her as little man doesn't really know his own strength and loves to throw things...

0 comments: