Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is It Really The Middle of June already???

Wow! Time is flying, which at this point, I am really excited that it is. We have a trip to SLC in 21 days...I am already giddy with excitement!!! It has been far too long since I/we have been to my "home".

Let's see...who to talk about first...

Evan is the funniest little guy ever! He really loves watching Baby First TV and has learned so much from it. He loves to count everything and surprised me the other day when he counted to 20 in English followed by counting to 10 in Spanish. It amazes me everyday how smart he is. He really loves doing jigsaw puzzles also. He can finish a 24 piece all by himself. He calls his favorite puzzles "Cow Pieces" and "Number Pieces". Here is a video doing his number pieces and using his Spanish (and telling himself that he did a good job!).

He is also really loving the pool. We go as often as possible and he goes down the slide a million times. He also really loves the deep pool (especially when he gets to swim in the big pool with daddy). He is an amazing listener and will run to the deep pool and wait for us to catch up to him before he dips his feet in. :) Both kids start swimming lessons on Monday. I can't wait!!!

I have gotten tons of pictures of him lately, but...alas...he has taken on a new "photo face". Everytime he sees the camera I get a different version of the picture below. Once I learn to do a slide show on here, you will get a full montage...funny stuff!

As for the little Avery Bug...she is proving to be a smart little thing herself! She already knows where her head/hair are and can point to her toes. She follows directions amazingly (when she wants to). Yesterday she said "poop" and "shoes", but hasn't said them since. She is a little climber and tries to climb up the bar stools, coffee table and anywhere else her little toes can find. She is really into playing "Boo" where we hide and sneak up on her. The funniest thing about it is that when I looked at 11 month old videos of Ev that was his favorite game too! Here is a cute video of me sneaking up on her.

She loves to torment Evan, most often when he is doing his "pieces". She is constantly bringing books to us to read and loves That's Not My Fairy the most. She is a girly girly through and through, she loves to play the kitchen and dance to all kinds of music (even my singing). Now I understand when people say that someone danced before they walked, she is one of those girls.

She is obsessed with hats and loves to wear them around the house. If she can get a hold of daddy's hat she prefers that one, but as you can see in the picture, even the Build A Bear Sailor hat does the trick. :)

And, last but not least, Avery has learned to take off her own shirt! Ev likes to chew on his shirts, so often I take them off and let him run around with no shirt. When I did this the other day, Av decided she didn't want her shirt on either. She got it over her head and ran around with it like a bolero for a few minutes before delivering the shirt to me and clapping for herself. I got a good laugh out of it.

0 comments: