Monday, November 8, 2010

October!

October was such a busy month for us that I am not even going to allow myself to feel guilty that I am not blogging about it until mid November. :)

We had a great time preparing for Halloween. We enjoyed the Pumpkin Patch, though Avery ruined her pumpkins by taking bites of them...she is a funny girl! She loves to play tricks...for instance, she will bring me a diaper when she needs a change and then take off running so we will chase her.

Evan has been doing great at school. He had a fall festival with a great bubble machine that he really loved. He has gotten so great at reading, and even surprises us sometimes by the things he knows! Tonight I wrote "Time to touch tall stars" (what he does before bed) and he struggled a little with the word touch, but got all the rest, it is AMAZING! He has also made some wonderful progress in all of his therapy. He is constantly shocking the therapist by how quickly he can learn things.

The biggest thing that happened in October was the Autism Speaks Walk. Our team, The Coleman Clan, raised $405. We were very proud of our friends and family that donated. Our friend Amy also walked with us and helped me make our shirts. Little Avery rode in the wagon and Evan decided he wanted to walk all the way. It took a little time because he wanted to stop and smell all of the flowers. It was so sweet. He picked a yellow one and maroon one, and carried them through the whole walk.



I took this picture of Evan, and I just know that God was smiling down on him this day!

Stay tuned for a Halloween post!

0 comments: