Monday, November 8, 2010

We Are Here To Trick Or Treat!

I am so happy to report that this Halloween was the first holiday that Evan was really into. It helps that we watched a lot of Little Einsteins Happy Halloween episode.

Ev had been talking for some time about going Trick or Treating, and we weren't sure what exactly he thought it meant. Since Aaron was in Texas for the World Series, I was very happy to have Grandma here to help me out! We had originally planned for Evan to be Dr. Sheldon Cooper (from Big Bang Theory) and had a funny costume planned, however, it was a really hot day so we opted for a Construction Worker instead. Ev wore his costume well...hat, belt and all!

As for Avery...we planned on putting her in the penguin costume, but once we tried in on, we realized that she was just a bit too tiny for it. So, we brought out the old skunk costume (that we pictured Evan in when he was 5 months old!). She was the funniest little skunk I have ever seen! It was safe to say that she was the talk of the neighborhood. Every one was talking about how cute she was. It helped too that she was acting so shy that she was putting a stubborn little stinker face on too!

I wish I had gotten more pictures, but I was so into the moment that I just went with it and snapped photos where I could. I did get this video of Evan that shows how happy and excited he was. We had planned to go to two or three houses, but he was having such a great time that we ended up walking through the whole neighborhood before we pulled our lawn chairs out onto the driveway and passed out candy to the trick or treaters. Avery loved passing out candy and Evan was even talking to the other kids saying "hi guys!".

Here is an awesome video of Evan singing the trick or treat song from Little Einstein. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They both looked so cute! I'm glad they had such a fun Halloween.