Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

Oh my goodness! It seems as if Christmas has just ended and it is already the end of January! We are still rocking out to Frosty the Snowman and "Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum" in the car and during meal times so maybe that is why it seems that time is standing still.


January has been busy busy busy for us. Evan is the king of therapy and now has an entourage of about 10 people. But, he is coming along so well! He is reading like a champ, and even better he is interested in hearing stories that Aaron and I read too. So for the first time in who knows how long we are able to read whole books to him without having to let him finish every sentence. Right now his favorite book to read before bed is The Napping House. I tried to include a video here of him reading Good Dog Rover (a level 2 book!) but it took way too long to download. :(

Ev has also been given a new nickname. Houdini! Somehow, my little magician is able to squeeze his body out of his feety pajamas without unzipping them since we safety pin the zipper up. He loves taking off all his clothes and laughing about it when we catch him. But, I think this era is over since I have discovered a new way to keep his clothes on...a tee-shirt over his pjs! I just figured this out tonight, so he should probably have the code cracked in a day or two and I will be back at square one.

He currently has a favorite toy and it is a little alligator that is supposed to go in the bath, but instead goes with him everywhere he is able to take it. He loves when we cocoon him in his blankets, but we have to cocoon the alligator too! :)

He is making some great progress on his eating...he has added bananas to his diet and is so close to eating mandarin oranges that I can't stand it. I can get him to put them in his mouth, but we have yet to get him to chew....cross your fingers for us!

We had a chance to go to "Chuck A Cheese" as Evan calls it. We went once with Nana and Papa during their visit (more on that next blog) and again with our friends. Ev loved the crazy car (Mollie not so much) and he loves to play the basketball game too! I will post a video of that as soon as I figure out how to do videos on the blog and not have it take 2o years!

As for little bitty Avery...where to begin? She had her 18 month visit today and weighed 23 pounds. She seems so tiny and yet she is soooo smart. She is speaking in sentences now and knows exactly how to get what she wants! Unfortunately that means that she needs to scream the same word over and over at louder intervals until I am able to grant her wish. But, she is using her words, so that is good right?

She is all about her babies! She loves all babies real or stuffed. Whenever she hears a baby cry she says "blanket and paci!" She knows exactly what makes all babies happy. :) She loves to have her babies in bed with her and will choose new ones every night. Once she falls asleep I take them all out so she has room to sleep, but they keep her happy.

Another thing that keeps her happy is jumping! I remember being so worried about Evan since he couldn't jump for the longest time, well...we for sure don't have this problem with Avery!!! She looks like she is on a trampoline half the day. The best is when she is all fancied up in her dress up clothes and is jumping around the house. She has also started to pretend cook in the kitchen and brought me "milk" that she made today. It was delicious. Ha ha.

She isn't quite the great eater that I prayed for, but she is all about "spicy goldfish". She will snack all day if we let her, but when it comes time to eat meals, she isn't interested. She likes to put her feet on the table and push herself away and even when daddy gives her stern words not to do so, she looks him in the eye, pushes back and laughs in his face. I fear for my future! Here are other reasons I fear for our future with this girl:

1. She pretends to drink everything straight from the bottle or tea kettle, much like a binge drinker would.

2. She loves to dance on tables.

3. When she sees a camera she pulls up her shirt. I am sure it is because she loves her belly button, but still...not a good sign.

4. She blatantly defies authority...as described above by laughing at her dad.

5. She has no fear and will jump off everything and anything.

6. She will copy everything the bigger kids do (especially boys!)

7. She gives french kisses. She is fully capable of the pucker, but often chooses to open up and lick the lips of the other kisser, usually me, but still not good!

I know there is more, but I will have to continue this later. My next blog...HARRY POTTER WORLD! Ok, I know it is called The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I like to make up my own names! Also, I know that we went almost a month ago, but it is still Christmas here, so I am right on track. :)




0 comments: