They always say that the #1 thing you can spend on your children is time. I believe this and yet I am finding more and more of our money going to super fun toys that light up, sing songs, spin, bounce, etc. Of course no matter what they do, Evan just wants to suck on them. Since his hand-eye coordination is still growing, this often results in him hitting himself in the face with his toys. Not a good thing!
I've heard from many a parent and have seen first hand that typically boxes are a kids best friend. Since Evan is "Slobber-Master 9000" he would turn a box into mush. But, we have found the perfect baby alternative to the box...the water bottle! He gets so excited when he sees it and it makes lots of noise when he squishes it. It doesn't hurt (too much) when he bashes himself in the face with it. And, grown ups get to enjoy too because when he sucks on it, you can see through it and you get the same joy as you would get if a kid was licking a window. :)
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Cheap toys are the best. What a great way to recycle. I had no idea you were so into the green movement.
Post a Comment