He did it! Aaron finished the Disney World Marathon. He tweaked his foot a bit so he didn't finish as quickly as he had hoped, but he finished nonetheless. He was very proud of his medal and I think he would have been disappointed if I didn't post a picture, so here it is:
Don't let the smile fool you...he wasn't a happy boy that day. :( I am sorry to say that this is the only decent picture we were able to get the entire day. And, in true rock star fashion...the entire family went to bed before 9:00pm that night. I blame the teething, the pregnancy and the fact that Aaron had to be up at 3am for the marathon for that.
On Monday we decided to be brave and go to Epcot, which was beautiful. Evan was a little unhappy at the beginning, but tired himself out enough for us to go on a few rides and walk through a few exhibits. We were able to get some good German food (including an amazing ginger bread cookie...I should have bought 5 of them!!!). I fell in love with the most amazing Coo Coo Clock, but Aaron nixed that purchase when we realized we could take a vacation to Germany for the same amount of money. So sad.
We did have a good time for the most part, and the Disney tickets were free so we didn't feel like we missed out on much. We did decide that the next trip to Disney World will have to wait until the babies are a bit older.
One interesting statistic though is that Evan is only 1 inch away from being able to ride the kiddie rollar coaster! Isn't that crazy? He isn't even 14 months old and almost meets a height requirement!!!
3 comments:
Congrats Aaron!! We were thinking about you the whole day. Too bad that the baby was not a happy camper. Cute pic though.
Tell Aaron congrats. That is cool.
very nice medal....and of course we saw Evan smile...so our day is great!
Web cam needs to be hooked up!
Post a Comment