As most of you know, my family took a trip west this week so Aaron and I could watch the Utes kick Crimson Tide fanny in the Sugar Bowl. It was the best game ever, Aaron and I hardly had voices left after the first quarter! It didn't help that we were in the Alabama section and had to work really hard to make our presence known! We took a million pictures, so this blog could go on forever, but for the sake of this update, I have decided to edit down to some of my favorite moments. P.S. Don't be mad at Aaron for not wearing a Utah shirt, since the tickets were a surprise I didn't have a chance to get him a new one and I stretched his out when I was preggers with Evan. He did put a Utah Sugar Bowl shirt on as soon as we bought one. :)

First, during the fan jam before the game, Ute fans were outnumbered about 4-1 (if that) even the band was playing Sweet Home Alabama when we arrived. Not exactly impartial by any means. The first Ute fan we ran into on our way into the stadium actually hugged me because she and her husband didn't want to be the only Utes there! While we were standing in line, Aaron and I were taking pictures and one of the Bama (for some reason they never use the "Ala"?) fans said, "maybe you should take a picture of the score board after the game...so I did...
Ha ha...read 'em and weep Jerky! Another funny thing that happened...that sadly I didn't get a photo of, was the little boy sitting two rows in front of us had a sign that read "UTES SO EASY A CAVEMAN COULD BEAT THEM". He and his parents were so proud. I did make mental note however that this sign was not seen after the first quarter...he he he.
I really wanted to take a picture of the stunned faces of the Bama fa
ns, but was afraid of getting Aaron in a fight, afterall, who would hit a pregnant lady? So, I decided instead to take a picture of the seats around us with about 5 minutes left in the game...where is everyone??? We were happy though that at least we wouldn't have to wait as long to get out of the parking lot. :)
On the flip side...here are the Utah fans about 10 minutes after the game ended. I must say that even though we were out numbered I heard the Utah fans far more than the Bama fans...and like I said I was in Bama territory.
*
Two other noteworthy quotes of the night:
Aaron: "Same team Dwight" when two Utah defenders went for a potential interception and knocked it away from each other.
*
Wendy: "Who is this Tad guy, he must be pretty good". When hearing the Bama fans chant "Roll Tad" which would have been pronounced "Roll Tide" if it weren't for their super southern accents.
*
All in all it was a fantastic game and a fun trip spending time with the Coleman clan. I'm sure it will take us all a few days to recover and catch up on some much needed sleep. I hope we are all ready again by Friday because we are on our way to Disney World...heaven help us. :)
3 comments:
So Awesome!! Me and mine are so jealous that you were there and we weren't. Aaron totally wins great husband points for that present.
GO UTES!!!!!
How sweet would it have been if we could have all gone together? Though we might have had to leave Ali with Ev...not too child friendly.
That is funny! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment