Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Baby and the Big Boy!

I wish I could get a great picture of Evan and Avery together, but as luck would have it, Evan still won't go near her...unless she is in the swing, and then only to make her swing really big! We keep a close eye on them though, so we don't have much to worry about.


Avery is doing great. She has yet to grow into the newborn clothes, and is too long for the premie clothes, so she often looks like she is drowning in fabric. She only cries when she is hungry or in the middle of the night when I want to sleep. :) Since she was just due to be born today, I'm being patient and hoping her days and nights will adjust before Grandma has to go home.


Other than being held, her favorite place to sleep is in the boppy on the couch. It is amazing how well she will sleep through all the noise the little Monster Mash makes! She is going to be as deep of a sleeper as her brother!
As for Evan...he has been such a trooper! We have really made some effort to spend extra time with him with and have been trying to plan outings that he would enjoy. He even had his first trip to the zoo with Daddy the other day. Because it has been so hot and rainy that many of the outdoor activities that we want to do are ruled out, but thank goodness his new favorite place to play is on the patio. He got the fire engine for Christmas and has maybe played in it 3 times since. But once it was added to the patio it has become his favorite toy. He can even get in and out all by himself. It breaks my heart what a big boy he is...he is still just a baby! Here is a funny video of him with the fire engine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan is such a ham in that picture. I love it!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love how he claps when he is happy.