Thursday, July 2, 2009

Little Bitty Avery

Avery Jay made an early entrance (thank goodness) on June 30th at 9:51 pm. I am happy to announce that I was able to have a VBAC and already feel pretty great. It did help that she only weighed 6 pounds and 3 ounces. She isn't much of an eater and as of yesterday was down to 5 pounds and 13 ounces. Newborn clothes drown her right now, which is crazy because Evan never ever fit in them because he was so huge. She has long skinny fingers and feet about the size of my thumb. 0-3 month socks are WAY too big and go all the way to her knees.

She is definitely a night baby and wants to eat every 2 hours between the hours of 11 and 5am...then sleeps constantly during the day...we are working on that for sure. She is super strong and grabs onto everything, including the clamps the doctor was trying to use right after she was born!!!

Evan isn't sure what to think about the baby, but he sure does think it is hilarious when she cries.


I'll be posting more pictures soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! Leave it to a big brother to think it's funny when a girl cries.

Aunt Mary said...

She is beautiful and Evan is a hoot!
Can't wait to meet them in September. Love Aunt Mary

The Bingham's said...

Congrats!! She is just beautiful!! I am glad all is well and she came early YEAH!!!