Today is my Dad's 60th birthday. If he were still with us he would have told us not to buy him presents but to buy something nice for ourselves instead since he already had everything he wanted...his family. He was always so kind. I miss him so much and think about him a million times a day. I tell Evan Papa Jim stories as often as I can. I find myself saying "Vat is dat crunching", "I'm hungry like the wollllf (pronounce the L though) and even doing the funny snap dance for Evan when I want him to smile. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Speaking of trees...this time of year is always tough, especially when I try to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas. I always end up crying like a baby because Charlie's tree reminds me of so many Christmas' we had when my dad felt sorry for the crappy trees and chose to buy those instead of the nice ones. We always got a good laugh as the poor little trees would sag under all the ornaments and tinsel. One of the most memorable Christmas's for me was when my dad put tapes (I know...we are old!) under the tree and we were so excited to get super cool music and when we opened them they were my Dad's favorite bands from the 70's! We were really disappointed then, but I must say that I still love The Turtles and listen to my CD (yes, I upgraded) often.
Happy Birthday Papa! Take care of Boo for me.
0 comments:
Post a Comment